Strong power, adjustable driving dynamics, and cylinder deactivation technology are a few characteristics you have to look forward to in the 2013 Audi S7. If you are thinking that it looks a lot like the A7, it is because this all new model is simply a higher performing version of Audi A7 and designed truly for the driver who appreciates the ultimate driving experience. Every 2013 S7 is powered by a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 mated to a seven-speed dual clutch automated manual transmission. It generates 420 horsepower and 406 pound-feet of torque to sprint to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds. All-wheel drive is standard. Fuel economy yields 17 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway, and although these numbers may not look good on paper, when you consider the power and all-wheel drive you realize that it's more than fair. As you would expect, this sedan knows a thing or two about performance. Its cabin remains vault-like, even at highway speeds and the air suspension keeps the ride smoother than you would expect from a vehicle that handles like a sports car.
|ReviewitOnline Ratings are based on a number of factors including reputation, appearance, model age, engine & other comparative aspects.|
• Audio - A Bose® audio system comes standard on the 2013 S7, along with a CD player, USB interface, and HD radio. A 15-speaker Bang & Olufsen® is available as an upgrade.
• Navigation - Audi MMI navigation features voice control, 8-inch display, and user-friendly touchpad to get you where you need to go. It also includes Audi Connect™, which can turn your vehicle into a Wi-Fi hotspot for up to eight devices.
• Night Vision Assist - This available system uses thermal-imaging technology and an infrared camera to help you see further down the road in low-light conditions.
• Bluetooth - Keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road while receiving, ending, and sending calls.
Crash test results are not available for the 2013 S7, but Audi sedans tend to excel at any test thrown their way. The optional Audi Pre-sense Plus System is a standout feature, as it notifies a driver and is capable of activating the brakes, if it senses a collision. Additional standard and optional features include:
• Lane-departure warning system
• Blind-spot warning system
• Front knee airbags
• Electronic stability control
• Tire pressure monitoring
• Anti-theft alarm system
• Engine immobilizer
• Traction control
• Pre-collision safety system
• Post-collision safety system
• Adaptive headlights
• Dusk sensing headlamps
• Child seat anchors
• Cornering lights
• Electronic brakeforce distribution
The coupe-like roofline, adaptive rear spoiler, and quad exhaust tips distinguish the S7 from other sedans on the market. In the front, the Platinum Gray Audi Singleframe® grille and jeweled xenon headlights showcase the iconic four rings. The 20-inch five-parallel-spoke design wheels are the perfect finishing touches.
You can always count on an Audi cabin being drenched with high quality materials, soft touch surfaces, stunning details, and thoughtful features. The 2013 S7 does not disappoint. You can choose between comfort and sport seats, and either is sure to satisfy. Valcona leather seating with contrast diamond stitching is one of those thoughtful finishing touches Audi is so well known for. The rear bucket seats are just as comfortable, but the raked roofline does decrease headroom a bit. Knobs and buttons on the center stack are positioned with the driver in mind, and most of the vehicle's entertainment features can be controlled through controls right on the steering wheel.
If you are looking for a sedan with generous cargo space you will find other vehicles have a hard time competing with the 24.5 cubic feet accessed by the hatch-like lift glass of the S7.