With a comfortable ride, sharp handling, and exhilarating V8 engine, you will know exactly where your money went the first time you can't help but take the long way home. The 2014 Audi S6 Sedan is motivated by a fierce 4.0-liter V8 and seven-speed automated manual to crank out 420 horsepower and 406 pound-feet of torque. It can sprint to 60 mph in only 4.5 seconds, but manages to return 17 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. These numbers may not look impressive, but for an all-wheel drive with this much power, they certainly are. Audi quattro® was the first permanent all-wheel drive system created for passenger vehicles more than 30 years ago. When you put it to the test you will immediately recognize its confidence-inspiring grip. It is as ideal for inclement weather as it is for twisting mountain roads. With its precise steering, standard air suspension, and exciting acceleration, it is easy to see why few can compete with the 2014 S6 in the luxury sedan segment.
• Navigation - The S6 gets the latest generation of the coveted MMI navigation system. It features an 8-inch display, voice control, and real-time traffic.
• Audio - A 14-speaker Bose® audio system is standard. It comes with CD player, iPod connectivity, satellite radio, and HD radio. As if anyone would need anything -better- than this, Audi offers a Bang & Olufsen® advanced system with 15 speakers.
• Audi Connect™ - This feature turns your car into a Wi-Fi hotspot and gives you access to local fuel prices, news headlines, Google Earth™, and more.
• Night Vision Assist - See further in low-light situations with thermal-imaging technology and infrared camera.
Audi is known for excelling at crash tests, and the A6 is no exception. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety awarded it with top safety scores in roof-strength, frontal-offset, and side-impact protection. Audi Pre-sense Plus collision mitigation system and lane-departure warning system are two innovative features available to add on. Standard features worthy of a mention include:
• Front and rear parking sensors
• Blind-spot monitoring system
• Rearview camera
• Tire pressure monitoring
• Self-leveling headlights
• Pre-collision safety system
• Dusk sensing headlights
• Remote anti-theft alarm system
• Engine immobilizer
• Emergency interior trunk release
• Traction control
• Child seat anchors
• Stability control
• Emergency braking assist
Subtle details have managed to transform the showy cruiser into one that you just cannot take your eyes off of. Sweeping lines make it appear as though it is in constant motion. It boasts brilliant aerodynamics, the Audi Singleframe® grille, quad exhaust outlets, unique wheels, and iconic LED headlights that slice through the darkness.
The cabin of the 2014 A6 echoes of sophistication. As always, it is one of the nicest in the segment. Drenched with leather and given a generous quantity of soft touch surfaces, this is an interior you will find hard to leave, but thrilled to return to. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and even tall adults will enjoy riding in the backseat. The handsome dash is designed with the driver in mind. The Multi Media Interface system is controlled through a dash-mounted pop-up screen. It is user-friendly, and boasts crisp graphics and straightforward menus.
Just when you think that the sedan is flawless you open the trunk. Although 14.1 cubic feet is adequate for most, it does not measure up to the competition.