All it takes is one glance and a quick drive to understand why -Beauty and Beast- is a term best used to describe the all-new 2014 Audi RS 7. Not only does its aggressive styling demand attention, this thing is literally a beast under the hood. From its throaty growl to its incomparable cornering capabilities, this vehicle will make you forget everything you thought you knew about sedans. If you drive RS 7, there is no way you will be satisfied with A7 as it churns out 140 more horsepower than its sibling. Every RS 7 is equipped with a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V8 that cranks out a sinister 560 horsepower and an unbelievable 553 pound-feet of torque. It can reach 60 mph in 3.7 seconds and top out at 174 mph. This untamed V8 pairs to an eight-speed Tiptronic automatic transmission, and Audi quattro all-wheel drive and sport differential are standard. Fuel economy is not thrilling at 16 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway, but it is probably better than you expect for all this power.
|ReviewitOnline Ratings are based on a number of factors including reputation, appearance, model age, engine & other comparative aspects.|
• Audio - A fantastic Bose® audio system with iPod interface, CD player, auxiliary jack, 14 speakers, one subwoofer, and satellite is all most will need. However, a mind-blowing 15-speaker Bang & Olufsen® system is available.
• Navigation - The 2014 RS 7 comes standard with a hard drive based navigation system with voice activation and real-time traffic. A more advanced version with Google Earth™ is optional.
• Universal Remote Control - Program your garage door, gate to your community, and home security system to the transmitter, and eliminate the need for multiple remote controls.
Crash tests are not available for the 2014 RS 7, as the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety typically does not like to destroy vehicles with a high MSRP. Considering this sedan starts at $105,795, it likely will not be tested. However, Audi is known for excelling in these tests. A standard available feature is Audi Pre-sense Plus, which can warn a driver if it senses a collision, and even apply these brakes, if necessary. Additional safety features include:
• Rearview camera
• Front and rear parking sensors
• Blind-spot monitoring system
• Lane-departure warning system
• Pre-collision safety system
• Post-collision safety system
• Tire pressure monitoring
• Traction control
• Child seat anchors
• Engine immobilizer
• Electronic stability control
• Electronic brakeforce distribution
• Emergency braking assist
• Dusk sensing headlamps
• Front seatbelt pretensioners
• Remote anti-theft alarm system
This coupe-styled luxury sedan gets a more aggressive front end than its A7 and S7 siblings. The lower air inlets and honeycomb grille let you know that she is the alpha of this pack. The standard 20-inch wheels are showy enough, but for those who always want -more,- 21-inch wheels are available.
Black Valcona leather-covered sport seats welcome you as you slip behind the wheel. They are plush enough to melt into but supportive enough to inspire a lengthy road trip. The center stack is beautifully designed, and most controls for technical features are accessed through buttons on the steering wheel or on the dash-mounted pop-up screen that boasts crisp graphics, a touchpad, and logical menu. In the back, the bucket seats are every bit as comfortable as those in front, and there is plenty of legroom for adults. However, the raked roofline does chisel away a considerable amount of headroom.
With 19 cubic feet of cargo space, this sedan competes with small crossovers in this department. Plus, the hatch-like glass allows for easy loading of cargo, and with the seats down you get 49 cubes.