Every 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon is powered by a 2.4-liter four-cylinder that generates 201 horsepower and 170 pound-feet of torque. It reaches 60 mph in about 8.7 seconds. Although this will not win you any races, you may forgive the slow acceleration when you appreciate fantastic fuel economy at 22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. The all-aluminum engine offers improved agility and handling, and dual balance shafts reduce vibration for a more pleasing driving experience. Also adding to the experience are the rear multilink and front double wishbone suspensions that deliver a smooth ride. You may also appreciate that a steel sub-frame cradles the lower suspension, engine, and transmission to reduce road and engine noise, thereby leaving the cabin super quiet. If all this is not enough to excite you maybe the five-speed Sequential SportShift automatic transmission will. It combines manual paddle shifters for your enjoyment with the convenience of precise automatic shifting.
• Audio - Although a 10-speaker surround sound option is available you may not need the upgrade. The base one gives you 360 watts of power, seven speakers, CD player, SiriusXM Satellite, and USB interface.
• Navigation - A 90-day trial to AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic and Weather™ and Zagat Survey™ reviews comes with the optional navigation system. It also features an 8-inch screen and phenomenal voice recognition capabilities.
• GPS-linked Temperature Control - All passengers will remain comfortable with this feature. It monitors the sun's intensity and positioning to adjust the air flow appropriately in the car.
Crash tests are not yet available for the 2014 TSX Sport Wagon but it should do as well as its predecessor. The 2013 model received a -Good- rating in front and side-impact protection. It also scored well in braking capabilities, taking 127 feet to stop from 60 mph. A few of the many safety features include:
• Turn signal mirrors
• Child seat anchors
• Rear door safety locks
• Vehicle stability assist
• Emergency interior seatback release
• Dusk sensing headlamps
• Traction control
• Electronic brakeforce distribution
• Emergency braking assist
• Tire pressure monitoring
• Remote anti-theft alarm
• Advanced Compatibility Engineering™
Say goodbye to what you expect a wagon to look like. TSX Sport Wagon boasts refined lines, nickel brightwork handles, roof rails, dual exhaust, five-star 17-inch wheels, and front bumper-integrated halogen fog lights. There are several dealer-installed exterior options available, including 18-inch ten-spoke aluminum wheels, nose mask, door edge guards, and bike and ski attachments.
TSX Sport Wagon was made for the tech-savvy buyer, as there are enough controls and buttons on the dash and center stack to make you feel as though you are co-piloting a plane. After a few days you should feel right at home, but you might want to make sure you are familiar with the basics before taking it for a drive. There is a generous amount of legroom in both rows. The materials throughout are high-quality, as supple leather blankets the seats, and soft-touch surfaces are found everywhere.
With 61 cubes of cargo space you should be able to haul just about anything you need. This is quite impressive considering that number is only 12.6 cubic feet in its sedan sibling.